Tel: (410) 290-FROTH Fax: (410) 290-6795
OG: 1.097 FG: 1.020 IBU: 89
9.9 lb. light Liquid unhopped malt extract
2 lb Light dry Malt Extract
.80 lb. CaraWheat
.40 lb Crystal 60L
.40 lb Melanoidin
.20 lb Torrified Wheat
2.7 oz Chinook hop pellets (11.5%)
2 oz. Wil amette hop pel ets
.65 oz Zeus Hops
1 tsp. Irish moss
White Labs California Ale or 1 pkg. S-05 dry ale yeast
1-1/4 cups dry malt extract for priming or 3/4 cup priming sugar
1. Steep grains in hop bag in 1.5 gallons of water at 155 for 30 minutes.
2. Remove grains. Bring Water level up to 5.5 gallons.
3. Add malt extract and bring to a boil. Boil time is 120 minutes.
4. Once boiling add 1.5oz Chinook and boil for 105 min.
5. Add Irish Moss and .70 oz Willamette, .50 oz Chinook, and .30 oz Zeus. Continue boiling for 15 minutes.
During last minute of boil add .60 oz each of Chinook and Willamette and .35 oz Zeus hops.
6. Pitch yeast when wort temperature is between 70-80.
7. Allow to sit in the fermenter at 68-72 for about seven days, then use a sanitized hydrometer to ensure that the
beer has reached its final gravity.
8. Rack to a secondary fermenter (glass carboy) after 7 days and dry hop with .70 oz of Chinook and Willamette
hops. Let sit another week.
9. Prime and bottle. When priming, dissolve corn sugar or dry malt extract in two pints of boiling water for 5
minutes. Pour this mixture into the empty bottling bucket and siphon the beer from the fermenter over it. This
method ensures that the priming sugar will disperse evenly through your beer.
10. For proper carbonation, store your beer at 75 for at least the first week after bottling. This will al ow the yeast to
feed on the priming sugar and produce the necessary carbon dioxide needed for carbonation. It's ready to drink,
but it will improve if you age your beer another two to three weeks.after bottling. This will allow the yeast to feed
on the priming sugar and produce the necessary carbon dioxide needed for carbonation. It's ready to drink, but
it will improve if you age your beer another two to three weeks.