Tel: (410) 290-FROTH Fax: (410) 290-6795
Bad Moon Porter
All Grain Recipe
OG: 1.056 FG: 1.010 IBU: 13.9 ABV: 5.8%
7.5 lb. American 2 Row
.75 lb. Chocolate Malt
.25 lb Black Malt
.25 lb Crystal 120L
.25 lb Crystal 60L
1.5 oz Fuggle hop pellets (4%AAU)
1.5 oz Kent Goldings hop pellets (5.5%AAU)
1 tsp. Irish Moss
White Labs California Ale yeast or S-05
1-1/4 cups dry malt extract for priming or 3/4 cup priming sugar
1. Mash @ 152F 90min long boil. 5.5 Gallon Recipe
2. .50 oz each Kent Goldings and Fuggles at 60 min
3. 1 tsp Irish Moss for last 15 min of boil along with .50 oz of Kent Goldings and Fuggles
4. .50 oz Kent Goldings and Fuggles at Knock out
5. Pitch yeast when wort temperature is between 70-80.
6. Al ow to sit in the fermenter at 68-72 for about seven days, then use a sanitized hydrometer to
ensure that the beer has reached its final gravity.
7. Rack to a secondary fermenter (glass carboy) after 7 days Let sit another week.
8. Prime and bottle. When priming, dissolve corn sugar or dry malt extract in two pints of boiling water
for 5 minutes. Pour this mixture into the empty bottling bucket and siphon the beer from the fermenter
over it. This method ensures that the priming sugar wil disperse evenly through your beer.
9. For proper carbonation, store your beer at 75 for at least the first week after bottling. This wil allow
the yeast to feed on the priming sugar and produce the necessary carbon dioxide needed for
carbonation. It's ready to drink, but it wil improve if you age your beer another two to three weeks